Monday, January 6, 2014

Just do it!

It's done!
Christmas is over, our move is complete, and its time to get back to our "normal crazy" instead of the crazy crazy that was the month of December! Our Internet isn't connected yet so I'm typing this on my phone which means it'll be a short one I'm sure full of errors.

I busted myself this weekend finishing up organizing, making one last purge of anything I could, and prepping to start school again. School took a backseat through moving over the holidays, which is ok because you know what? I can do that!

In this afternoon coffee moment ,that is surprising quiet filled as the kids play upstairs, I'm at great peace. I've accomplished so much today and I feel great. We hit the ground running early and accomplished 2 1/2 hours of hard core school by 11:00. We ran errands, did laundry, mopped floors, cleaned bathrooms, wrote a large sum of emails concerning the weeks activities, made some phone calls related to the move which are always fun, and finished up my Bible study for tomorrow. It's 3:30 and I'm feeling good!

Then I realized. Do you know why I'm feeling good? It really has nothing to do with the crossed off to do list, the happily playing children, or the cup of coffee in front of me. It's because this morning as I ate my breakfast I had some sweet time with The Lord. I opened the work of God and was filled. Then I gave my day over to Him, I asked Him to use today for His glory. Before we sang one song, read one book, or did one lesson my children and I opened their Bible and read from it. Then we did a mini study on stealing (just the next trait word not something we're having a problem with), then we all prayed over our day and each of the kids picked a prayer stick that had someone's name in it to pray for.

Today worked because we gave it to God first. I wish I could say we're good at starting every day like this one, but truth be told we fail miserably. However, being able to pinpoint why I feel so filled has me motivated to do it again tomorrow. Around here that's about as far as I can go.....tomorrow. But you know what? If I do it tomorrow that will help motivate me for the next day and so on. I ache for the discipline to not be able to do anything until I've had my time with God.

I don't know how you started your day today, but info know that tomorrow's coming around. I just wanted to encouraged anyone I could to try it, do it, or keep doing it.

It'll make all the difference. Even during the not so productive days......

No comments:

Post a Comment