Sunday, April 22, 2012

The start of something new!

So....I finally did it! I've been wanting to start a blog for some time now. Sometimes I have this stirring in my soul to write. Get it out. Get it down on paper. I hear so often how many mothers cannot remember details from when their kids were little. "A blurry fog" they say. There are things I hope I don't remember or wouldn't mind forgetting.
Like:
-when my patience runs thin and I snap at my three year old for changing shoes 5 times when we needed to be out the door 10 minutes ago,
or
-the occasional emotional breakdown I have to my husband late at night because I feel like a failure of a homemaker since there's not fresh bread baking and perfectly folded fitted sheets in the closet.
Yeah, I'm okay forgetting those things.
However, there's so much I don't want to forget.
Like:
-slobbery kisses
-chubby little hands reaching up to be held and comforted
-giggling
- first steps
-fort building
-puppet shows; and I could go on and on.
I guess there are many poor choices on my part that I hope go blurry, but my prayer is the experience of mothering young children always stays fresh and clear in my mind. Nothing has taught me more about myself then becoming a mom. Nothing has made me stand in awe of God more then the parallels that can be drawn from my parental role to God's parental role. Maybe in some way, recording these thoughts while I'm elbow deep in diapers, spit-up, and cheerios will help me to remember more vividly what it was like looking back. I invite you down this journey with me. Welcome to my mind....it's a scary place!! : )

3 side notes:
1. Do you like how technologically advanced this blog is? Clearly a skill I am gifted in, right?
2. I had to laugh that I couldn't find one recent picture of just myself. Not even one that could be cropped and looked good. I always have a kids face smashed up against mine! Love it!
3. I bet you're wondering about the "no hair" bit in the blog address. First, it's hard to find a name that hasn't already been used so I had to get a little creative. I have no hair for 3 reasons. 1. My baby is 6 months old and for me that means my hair starts falling out in sheets. 2. I swear I will go bald one chubby little handful of hair at a time. 3. What little hair I have left after hormones and fist yanks, I will undoubtedly pull out myself on those um.....challenging days.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Can't wait to continue reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You can follow mine too at laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete