Monday, January 7, 2013

A Day Worth Writing About.

On really tough days I find myself venting to the computer, a friend, or my husband about how hard it is being at home with three little kids. I often get caught up in the never-ending complaints I can come up especially when talking to other moms.
No sleep.
Teething.
Temper tantrums.
Why my daughter is in a skirt with bare legs in Janurary.
I can go on and on about how hard it is. Maybe what I intend to do is defend my current state. I snapped at my husband for something little because...(fill in the blank)
It's easier to blame my kids and sometimes makes me feel better, but today has been different. Of course I love my children, but today has been a day that has reminded me how much I LIKE them.

First kid up at 7:45 the next at 8:15 the next at 8:45 (AWESOME!!!) This meant I had a cup of coffee and a hot shower before all my kids were up. Can't start a day off better than that over here! After breakfast all three of my kids went off to play together. They were having so much fun. There was no screaming, no disputes to settle, no bumps to kiss, just kids playing and laughing and a mommy getting stuff done. I was able to clean my kitchen, do 3 loads of laundry, mop the floors, and make a plan for the week. I felt so on top of things. I even went upstairs to play with my kids just becuase I wanted to. We had a blast. It made me want to bust out their favorite macaroni'n cheese and chocolate chip cookies for lunch and then sit down absorbed with library books for 45 minutes. So we did.

This was a day that reminded me why I love being home so much, and how I wouldn't trade these moments for anything (good and bad). This was a day that reminded me that I have good kids. Kids I want to be around and get to know and pour my life into. Today, I'm not throwing myself a pitty party, I'm thankful and in awe that God intrusted these kids to us. Everyday I am blessed by them but today I FEEL blessed by them.

I felt compelled to write about today to say I LOVE MY KIDS and to remind myself, it's not so bad. Some days are. Some days are rough and leave me feeling hopless and powerless and drained, but some days flow well like everyone's doing the same dance moves to the same song. It feels good. It feels like some practice has paid off.

If you're having one of these days too, I rejoice with you. If you're in the pits of a rough one, hang in there. The bad days make the good days more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment