Monday, January 28, 2013

A Wonderful Night With an Intense Call to Action

I'm not a very emotional person, but two things that get me there faster than anything are my faith and my family. If you really want to light a fire under me, all you need to do is combine the two and start talking about my children's salvation. Nothing motivates me more to open my Bible everyday (not claiming this happens all the time) than the three little set of eyes watching everything I do. And, nothing can get the water-works started like thinking about my children loving God with everything they've got.

Saturday night, I experienced the most amazing moment of parenting thus far. As I tucked my daughter into bed, we started talking. On the coattails of a previous conversation about animals and if they go to heaven, she started asking more questions about heaven. By the end of the conversation she was confessing her sins to God and asking Jesus to come into her heat! Praise God!

When she grows up and looks back on her life, I don't know what she'll say about that night. I don't know if she'll be able to put her finger on that moment and say it's when she owned her faith. She's four and half years old, but she understood everything, and was very excited about her decision enough so she sang and danced with Daddy when she told him and woke up the next day telling her brother all about it. What I do know is, this journey has just begun. There's something about seeing her little eyes closed tight talking to the creator of universe that stirred my soul like never before. I feel even more inspired to be a living example of grace, forgiveness, and godliness for all of them. Of course as her mother, I never want her to have a broken heart, be betrayed, lose a love one, or question God's love for her when life gets tough, but I know the storms of life blow in on everyone. My prayer is we can help lay a strong foundation of faith and trust so that WHEN not IF, those trials come she can look into the eye of storm and say, "My God is good and my God is bigger than this pain."

This deep deep ache for what I want my children's faith to look like has reminded me what mine needs to look like. Again, God has challenged me through my children, and again I'm in awe of His love for me and His hand on our life.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie! How amazing. I love it! Yesterday was my spiritual 15th birthday! Love now that I get to share it with a sweet little one like Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! How encouraging! Thanks for sharing Maggie!

    ReplyDelete